Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let's see that again

Last night I was drinking wine watching Heat with SB. Checked my twitter and it was over run with the name Jim Joyce. Perhaps it was the wine haze, or perhaps it was the fact that I have never heard that name before, I ignored the news and moved on.

Then I woke up this morning and realized that Jim Joyce will probably be the reason for major change in Major League Baseball. After making an honest mistake, and costing Armando Galarraga a perfect game, it is clear that MLB needs instant replay. To me, everyone in the situation, Galarraga and Joyce handled it with class. Joyce admitted his mistake, apologized and honestly feels awful about it. There's nothing more that he can do. There's nothing more that MLB can do about it. I don't think that Selig should overrule it and call it a perfect game. As LOST would say, What Happened, Happened. But clearly changes need to be made going forward. Joyce should have been able to watch the replay and see what everyone else in the world saw, Galarraga's foot was on the bag. I'm hoping baseball does something and soon, because neither Joyce nor Galarraga should be known for a mistake.

Now, in honor of tomorrow's National Donut Day, I am going to eat a donut for free thanks to my work's social committee. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment