Thursday, July 8, 2010

T-minus Two hours

I just wanted to put this in writing before it actually happens. I WILL NOT BE MAD AT LEBRON JAMES IF HE LEAVES CLEVELAND.

1. I'm not from Cleveland nor a cavs fan, so why should I be mad at all?
2. This is different from Favre. I don't know how to explain it, Favre felt like part of our family. He grew up with us. We really felt like we knew him, we watched him grow up, struggle, marry, lose his father, etc. I, for one, was always under the assumption that our bond with him went further than football, than the business of it all. Lebron is from Ohio. but his ambition has never been hidden; he wants to be a billionaire superstar. He is not lying to the people of Cleveland.

So Lebron, if you want to go, go! This is a business. I know some/most in Cleveland will despise you, but I'm sure you'll get over it; they're just mad cause you were the last great thing their city had and now they're the next Detroit. And if you want to stay, stay. Just promise us all this, make a decision and live with it. As someone who mourned a player leaving, having them come back from the dead is just complicated - to say the least.

Tonight my biggest problem will be trying to watch this spectacle while listening to the premiere of cheesehead radio.

1 comment:

  1. The whole Favre fiasco was a reality check to everyone. Nfl players are no different than anyone else. They are going to do what they think is best for them and their family, not what's best for the fans.

    ReplyDelete