Wednesday, May 26, 2010

roster prediction

I have no real basis for this, but here's my guess/wish list at who Bradley's taking to the world cup.

GK (3): Howard, Hahnemann, Guzan (that was easy!!!)
Defenders (8): Bocanegra, DeMerit, Spector, Goodson, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Onyewu (I'm being hopeful), Pearce (last night they predicted we'd take 8 defenders, I haven't seen Marshall play in a while, which is why I put Pearce ahead of him).
Midfielders (9): Dempsey, Donovan, Edu, Holden, Torres, Bradley, Rogers, Clark, Feilhaber (I don't like Kljestan so I'm a lil biased.)
Forwards (3): Altidore, Gomez, Buddle

I know a lot of people, including Bob Bradley and Holden are in love with Brian Ching, but I'm still not convinced. He does have the experience, so I won't be terribly disappointed if Buddle doesn't go, but Gomez definitely should. We need that spark at the top. I suppose if necessary we could only take seven defenders (peace out pearce) and then add ching at the top (sb's idea).


ACTUAL ROSTER:
U.S. World Cup roster announced
Goalkeepers: Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan.
Defenders: Oguchi Onyewu, Carlos Bocanegra, Jay DeMerit, Jonathan Spector, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein.
Midfielders: Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Stuart Holden, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Torres, DaMarcus Beasley.
Midfielder-forwards: Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan
Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Edson Buddle, Herculez Gomez, Robbie Findley.



I was only wrong on Rogers over Beasley, and then the whole 8 defenders thing, and Findley getting that extra striker spot instead of Ching....

Findley! its blowing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment